- Students will build a STOMP rocket
- Students can explore the concepts of momentum
Let's Get Started!
- Review with the students concepts of momentum and how STOMP rockets work.
- In groups have students decide if they want their STOMP rocket to travel vertically or horizontally, and then design a launch system based on this decision.
- Start building! Students should then construct their rockets and launch systems based on their designs.
- Iterate, see if the students can improve upon their designs.
- Compete! See who's rockets travel furthest (for horizontal motion) or highest (for vertical motion).